Only 1 percent of people were very familiar with CLUE reports, according to a survey by insuranceQuotes.com, a Web site that helps consumers compare insurance quotes. Claims are stored for seven years in CLUE reports, which are reviewed by insurance companies that want to know more about the property and the people they’re covering. The reports include such information as a person’s name, birth date, the type of loss, the amount paid by the company and a description of the car or house. For instance, only 17 percent of the people surveyed were aware that insurance claims filed by a previous homeowner could affect what the current owner has to pay for coverage, according to the report from InsuranceQuotes.com. That’s because CLUE reports keep track of the claims filed on a particular home. Contact your homeowners insurance agency BEFORE buying a home so they can pull the clue report for you.
Lloyd Pro Group Insurance Agency in Atlanta wants to make Earth Day 2010 not just a day- but a lifestyle. Let’s jump-start our efforts at reducing, reusing, and recycling. The good news: it’s not as difficult as it would seem. “A lot of the ways that people become environmentalists are just by following their common sense,” said Kim Mickenberg, a spokeswoman for the Earth Day Network. “It’s not only about saving the planet, it’s about saving your money,” she said. “There’s a convergence in our economic and ecological interests.”
Lloyd Pro Group and Nationwide Insurance want to help you make the transition an easy one into a better, greener lifestyle in out Deep South home, Atlanta! As an Atlanta- based Insurance Agency, we seem to concentrate of auto, home, and business, so let us help you where we know the most about! We always like to do everything we can to give you the best life and save you the most money, so here it is!
GREEN WORK TIPS:
• Avoid the traffic and enjoy your ride! Carpool when possible. If anything, carpool to lunch. Try www.erideshare.com for people in your neck of the woods!
• Bring lunch in reusable/washable containers. Make a goal of having one waste-free lunch each week.
• Use email instead of copies whenever possible. Save to file instead of printing.
• Make sure to turn off lights, computers, coffee, and other appliances when out of the office and not in use.
• Drink coffee and other beverages from reusable/washable mug.
• Lower thermostats in your work are during winter or raise them in the summer by one or two degrees to conserve energy. Lower/raise thermostat when out of the office.
• Be sure to recycle toners, cartridges, and batteries. Don’t just throw them away. Check with Recycle Atlanta for service centers, pick-ups, and more tips.
• Batteries power lots of things in the office: calculators, fans, radios. Switch to use rechargeable batteries, which have 32% less impact on the environment.
• Make 2 sided copies more often. If you don’t have a paperless office, recycle the paper you do use. Save scrap paper for jotting notes down on… And for goodness sake, if you use time cards, go paperless on those!
• Create a recycling center in the break room. Encourage the use of this by all employees. You’ll be surprised at the participation.
Lloyd Pro Group Insurance Agency wants to help keep in the spirit of Earth Day 2010 and jump-start your efforts at reducing, reusing, and recycling at home. But to continue these efforts to make them year-round, we have to make a conscious effort to begin until they become more habitual for us. Turning off lights is a habit for me. Turning off the water while I brush my teeth is not. Idon’t know why.. The good news: “A lot of the ways that people become environmentalists are just by following their common sense,” said Kim Mickenberg, a spokeswoman for the Earth Day Network. “It’s not only about saving the planet, it’s about saving your money,” she said. “There’s a convergence in our economic and ecological interests.”
Lloyd Pro Group and Nationwide Insurance want to help you make the transition an easy one into a cleaner, greener lifestyle! As an Insurance Agency, we seem to concentrate on auto, home, and business, so let us help you where we know the most about! We always like to do everything we can to give you the best life and save you the most money, so here it is!
GREEN HOME TIPS:
• Unplug! Standby (or phantom) power, may be haunting your house — and costing you more money on energy bills.. Standby power actually eats up electricity on common appliances throughout your home while they’re not even on.
• Taking a 4 minute shower instead of an 8 minute shower could also save almost 10 gallons of water. If you can’t sacrifice that, replacing your water faucets with aerated ones will use less water without sacrificing pressure.
• Put a 5 gallon bucket to catch the water while you are waiting for it to heat up, then use it to water your garden outside.
• YouRenew.com lets you easily sell or recycle your electronics. You can get cash for the electronics with value or ship it to the company for free and they’ll recycle it for you.
• Yes, you’ve heard it before. The simple, cheap, and very easy act of going to compact fluorescent light bulbs saves you about $30 over their lifetimes. In 6 months, they pay for themselves. Besides using about 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs, they also last about 10 times longer.
• If you use a programmable thermostat properly you can save as much as 15% a year on your heating bill. In the winter, keep your thermostat at 68 to 70 degrees when you’re at home or awake (the summer guideline is 78 degrees). Whether you choose to upgrade your thermostat or not, turn it back (or raise it in the summer) when you’re away or asleep.
• See this list for GREEN home cleaners. You’ll be surprised at what you read! Green Cleaners for Your Home
• Whenever possible, wash clothes in cold water. They’ll get just as clean, but without using extra energy to heat your wash water.
Lloyd Pro Group wants to be YOUR home experts. Give us a call is you have questions about your home- no matter what type of home you have. If we don’t know the answer, we will find the RIGHT one for you!
Check out our 4 Atlanta area locations for your convenience. We are in your neighborhood! Gwinnett, Atlanta, Douglasville, and DeKalb.
Lloyd Pro Group Insurance Agency in Atlanta wants to help you celebrate Earth Day 2010 and jump-start your efforts at reducing, reusing, and recycling. But to continue these efforts and make them year-round, we will have to make them habits. Like all habits, they are easy to create, but that also means breaking old, bad habits. The good news: “A lot of the ways that people become environmentalists are just by following their common sense,” said Kim Mickenberg, a spokeswoman for the Earth Day Network. “It’s not only about saving the planet, it’s about saving your money,” she said. “There’s a convergence in our economic and ecological interests.”
Lloyd Pro Group and Nationwide Insurance want to help you make the transition an easy one into a better, greener lifestyle in the deep south, our Atlanta home! As an Atlanta- based Insurance Agency, we seem to concentrate of auto, home, and business, so let us help you where we know the most about! We always like to do everything we can to give you the best life and save you the most money, so here it is!
GREEN AUTO TIPS:
• Turn off your car if you know you will be idling for more than a minute. It saves gas mileage and the environment!
• Besides the obvious reason, stay within posted speed limits. Gas mileage decreases rapidly at speeds above 60 miles per hour.
• Combine errands. Several short trips taken from a cold start can use twice as much fuel as one trip covering the same distance when the engine is warm. I like to map out where I am going before I leave. It not only saves me gas, but time and stress too!
• Keep your tires properly inflated and aligned. It can increase gas mileage up to three percent. Dad? Are you behind me? It sounds like you!
• Check and replace air filters regularly. Replacing clogged filters can increase gas mileage up to ten percent. That’s a lot!
• Saving money on your car insurance is also a great way to save each month. Contact us for a Green Auto Insurance Review!
Lloyd Pro Group Makes a Difference One Student at a Time
|Being a mentor to school aged children can be rewarding to everyone. That is exactly what Lloyd Pro Group, an Atlanta, Georgia insurance and professional services firm has found out for themselves.|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For four years in a row, Lloyd Pro Group has been honored for their participation in the Louise Radloff Middle School’s award winning mentoring program.
This year, Lloyd Pro Group sponsored the awards breakfast, where Pam Webb-Stewart (Mentoring coordinator), James Rayford (Community Based mentoring Program), Ms. Louise Radloff, and Dr. Patty Heitmuller (Principal) honored Lloyd Pro Group and its employees for their vast participation in the program. Several employees, including president, Jim Lloyd, and COO, Brandy Swanson, spend quality time each week with the students.
Radloff Middle school has earned the national spotlight, winning the “HOSTS” Mentoring and Intervention Best Practices Exemplary Award, and being honored as an “exemplary school” for their use of a mentoring program, which pairs up students with community members to receive one on one instructional time. Mentoring helps students build confidence and competence to achieve academically.
Brandy Swanson, COO at Lloyd Pro Group, learned about the mentoring program through the Gwinnett Rotary Club. Being a Rotarian for over 15 years, she saw this as an opportunity to help the community. “These kids are our future. I just thought as a company, it was a small sacrifice to make- yet, as individuals, we could make a big difference”, says Brandy. The employees at Lloyd Pro Group feel that the experience is rewarding and is currently a highlight of their busy week.
Pam Webb says she needs more mentors. The school currently has an enrollment of over 1,100 students in grades 6-8 and is proud of the diverse population which represents more than 50 languages. The school is in need of mentors for reading and/or math. They offer morning and afternoon times, as well as lunch hours, to suit scheduling needs. One hour a week is all that is needed.
About Lloyd Pro Group:
Lloyd Pro Group is an Atlanta, Georgia insurance and professional services firm that specializes in personal insurance, business insurance, and a broad range of employer services. In addition to participating in volunteer services, Lloyd Pro Group has been very active in the Gwinnett County community throughout the years. As Chairman’s Club members of the Gwinnett chamber of Commerce, they have established a respectable reputation among businesses in the Atlanta area.
If you own any valuable jewelery, antiques or family heirlooms then you need to read this. You might assume that if you pay your Atlanta homeowners insurance policy on time that you would be automatically covered in case of a theft. You will be if… you have something called an insurance “rider”. What is a “rider” and why do you need one?
With the rise of unemployment we are seeing more and more break ins in Atlanta. What if someone stole your engagement ring or favorite antique? Would it be covered? Well that depends on how much it is worth. Most insurance companies will provide up to $1,000 in theft coverage for an item.
Lets take a scenario of your $3,000 diamond ring being stolen. Your basic home owners policy will pay $1,000 towards that claim. You would then be $2,000 short if you wanted to buy a new one just like it. That is why it may be wise to invest in a “rider” to cover these valuables that you have. This “mini insurance policy” will cover you up to $10,000 or more if you need it. This means that you will have more than enough money to replace your precious possessions.
Tina, from Braselton GA has a beautiful engagement ring and wedding band that she has worn for the past 23 years. They mean the world to her. The idea of having them stolen and not being able to replace them was devastating to her. She looked into a jewelry rider and was pleasantly surprised at how affordable it was. Tina explains, “I was surprised that I could have $11,000 of jewelry protection for about .29 cents a day. Now I don’t have to worry about losing them any longer. I now know I can afford to replace them.”
What are some additional items that can be protected by riders?
- Do you have antiques?
- Expensive computers?
- Expensive cameras and lenses?
- Golf equipment?
- Fine art?
- Minks and furs?
- Valuable sports memorabilia?
If you would like to see how affordable it is to protect your valuable possessions with a rider contact the your GA insurance agent, the Lloyd pro Group at (770) 497-1200
Lloyd Pro Group a Duluth GA Nationwide insurance agency have been protecting Atlanta’s valuables since 1985. Lloyd Pro Group can be reached at (770) 497-1200 or on their website at http://www.lloydprogroup.com