- Maybe there has been accident at home.
- A break in.
- Vandalism perhaps.
- Or a natural disaster
The only way that your homeowners policy to pay for itself is if you file a claim in a timely and complete manner.
So you need to file a claim do you?
Here are 7 tips from Lloyd Pro Group your favorite place to get a home insurance quote in Atlanta.
1. Report the incident to authorities. For a burglary, vandalism, fire or other trauma, this is a vital first step. Leaky roofs, malfunctioning HVAC systems, etc. aren’t typically reasons to contact the police or fire department. If police and fire are dispatched to your residence, give them all the details of the event. Keep copies of their reports – you’ll need them when filing your insurance claim.
2. Call your insurance company. After you file a police or fire report, contact your insurance agent or company’s claims department. Your policy probably requires you to do so within a certain amount of time after the loss. When you call, have all of the details of the incident, plus your policy number.
3. Complete a claims form with your agent. This form includes all the details of the incident. Be thorough – note what was damaged, when and how. For smaller claims, filing a claims report should suffice. For larger losses, your agent may send an adjuster to inspect the damage.
4. Document the damages. Before you begin cleanup, photograph or record the damage and include the images with your claim. It’s a good idea to visually document your home and belongings before a loss, so you have “before” and “after” images when filing a claim.
To get points 5,6,7 go here. source
Remember that Nationwide and Lloyd Pro Group are on your side!
If you are shopping for a new homeowners agent then give us a call today 🙂
Lloyd Pro Group | Nationwide Insurance
1830 Water Place STE 105, Atlanta, GA 30339
(404) 892-2864 (404) 892-2572 (Fax)