Do You Know What Your Atlanta Home Insurance Policy Covers?
Not all home insurance policies are created equal. Here is an overall view of what homeowners insurance can cover. Check with your home insurance agent in Atlanta as to what you have on your own individual policy. Are you ready?
- Dwelling: This coverage protects the actual structure of your home. For example; the roof, walls, carpeting, etc
- Other Structures: This coverage protects any structures not attached to your home. For example you might have a shed or detached garage on your property
- Personal Property: This coverage protects your personal things like your clothes, furniture, appliances, TV, computers, etc. The best part is that it gives you coverage both on and off the premises. That means if your personal things are stolen out of your car you would be covered also. This is the same kind of coverage that you would have if you were looking for renters insurance.
- Loss of Use: This coverage pays when you might have to move out of your home while repairs are made from damage caused by a covered loss
- Liability Insurance: This coverage protects you in case someone is hurt on your property
- Medical Payments: This coverage pays for medical and/or funeral expenses incurred by a person on or off the insured’s property
Of course every home owners policy is unique to the individual that is paying the premium. The sad truth is that most homes are under insured. If you have any questions about your home insurance policy then please call us now and we will be happy to review it and explain it to you. We will also check to see if you are getting all of the Atlanta home insurance discounts that are available to you.
Lloyd Pro Group and Nationwide insurance have been providing Atlanta home insurance for families since 1985. They can be reached at (770) 497-1200