Lloyd Pro Group Insurance Agency in Atlanta wants to help you celebrate Earth Day 2010 and jump-start your efforts at reducing, reusing, and recycling. But to continue these efforts and make them year-round, we will have to make them habits. Like all habits, they are easy to create, but that also means breaking old, bad habits. The good news: “A lot of the ways that people become environmentalists are just by following their common sense,” said Kim Mickenberg, a spokeswoman for the Earth Day Network. “It’s not only about saving the planet, it’s about saving your money,” she said. “There’s a convergence in our economic and ecological interests.”
Lloyd Pro Group and Nationwide Insurance want to help you make the transition an easy one into a better, greener lifestyle in the deep south, our Atlanta home! As an Atlanta- based Insurance Agency, we seem to concentrate of auto, home, and business, so let us help you where we know the most about! We always like to do everything we can to give you the best life and save you the most money, so here it is!
GREEN AUTO TIPS:
• Turn off your car if you know you will be idling for more than a minute. It saves gas mileage and the environment!
• Besides the obvious reason, stay within posted speed limits. Gas mileage decreases rapidly at speeds above 60 miles per hour.
• Combine errands. Several short trips taken from a cold start can use twice as much fuel as one trip covering the same distance when the engine is warm. I like to map out where I am going before I leave. It not only saves me gas, but time and stress too!
• Keep your tires properly inflated and aligned. It can increase gas mileage up to three percent. Dad? Are you behind me? It sounds like you!
• Check and replace air filters regularly. Replacing clogged filters can increase gas mileage up to ten percent. That’s a lot!
• Saving money on your car insurance is also a great way to save each month. Contact us for a Green Auto Insurance Review!